Tom Stalcup is a physicist devoted to promoting integrity within the US government and the media. His has worked directly with whistle-blowers to expose high-level corruption within three federal agencies. Some of his results led to the correction of a high-profile National Transportation Safety Board crash sequence. Stalcup was also featured in the critically acclaimed documentary ‘TWA Flight 800′.
Dr. Stalcup is President of Upward Innovations Inc., an electronics and IT company that he founded. Upward Innovations designs and produces cellular and satellite environmental monitoring stations that are deployed word-wide, from Mt. Kilimanjaro to Antarctica. He received a PhD in physics in 2000 from Florida State University, where he investigated the effects of magnetic fields on organic superconductors. At the National High Magnetic Field Laboratory in Tallahassee, Stalcup and his colleagues broke world records measuring the electronic properties of molybdenum in the world’s highest constant magnetic field and at only 0.035 degrees above absolute zero.
Stalcup has been a guest speaker at various political, media, and educational organizations and has appeared on national and international broadcasts, including CNN, NPR, Fox News, the Discovery Channel, the History Channel, MS-NBC, 60 Minutes Australia, BBC radio, C-span, and various other news outlets.
1. “Transport and Magnetic Properties of an Organic Superconductor,” T.F. Stalcup, Doctoral Dissertation, Florida State University, (2000K)
2. “Temporal Processes in Polymeric Anion-Based Organic Superconductors,” T. F. Stalcup, J.S. Brooks, and R.C. Haddon; Phys. Rev. B 60, 9309 (1999).
3. “2H NMR Studies on deuterated -(BEDT-TTF)2Cu[N(CN)2]Br,” T.F. Stalcup, P. Kuhns, J.S. Brooks, J. Russo, and W. Moulton, work in progress.
4. “Transgenic Arabidopsis Plants as Monitors of Low Gravity and Magnetic Field Effects,” T.F. Stalcup, J. Reavis, J.S. Brooks, A.L. Paul, R.J. Ferl, and M.W. Meisel; Physical Phenomena at High Magnetic Fields-III, Z. Fisk, L. Gor’kov, R. Schrieffer, , Eds., World Scientific, Singapore, p. 646 (1999)
5. “Single Crystal EPR of Mn12-Acetate Clusters,” S. Hill, J.A.A.J. Perenboom, N.S. Dalal, T. Hathaway, T.F. Stalcup, and J.S. Brooks; Phys. Rev. Lett. 80, 2453(1998).
6. “Low-field low-temperature magnetotransport studies of CeP,” T. Terashima, J.S. Qualls, T.F. Stalcup, J.S. Brooks, H. Aoki, Y. Haga, A. Uesawa, and T. Suzuki, D: Phys. Rev. B 60, 15285 (1999).
7. “Observation of DC Voltage During AC Magneto-Transport Measurements in Pure Metals Under the Static Skin Effect,” Marchenkov V.V.; Stalcup T.F.; Brooks J.S.; Startsev V.E. and Weber H.W.; Physical Phenomena at High Magnetic Fields-III, Z. Fisk, L. Gor’kov, R. Schrieffer, , Eds., World Scientific, Singapore, p. 646 (1999)
8. “Linear Magnetoresistivity in Compensated Metals at High Magnetic Fields,” Marchenkov V.V.; Stalcup T.F. and Brooks J.S., Physical Phenomena at High Magnetic Fields-III, Z. Fisk, L. Gor’kov, R. Schrieffer, , Eds., World Scientific, Singapore, p. 650 (1999)
9. “Dislocation Breakdown Phenomenon in Tungsten and Molybdenum Single Crystals at High Magnetic Fields,” Marchenkov V.V.; Gornostyrev Yu.N.; Dyakina V.P.; Krupin K.B.; Popov A.V.; Startsev V.E.; Stalcup T.F.; Brooks J.S.; Kratzwald L.; Weber H.W.; Tagirova D.M.; Levit V.I.; Deryagin A.I. and Antonova O.V., , Physical Phenomena at High Magnetic Fields-III, Z. Fisk, L. Gor’kov, R. Schrieffer, , Eds., World Scientific, Singapore, p. 651 (1999)
10. “New Opportunities in Science, Materials, and Biological Systems in the Low -Gravity (Magnetic Levitation) Environment,” J. S. Brooks, J.A. Reavis, R.A. Medwood, T.F. Stalcup, M.W. Meisel, E. Steinberg, L. Arnowitz, C.C. Stover, and J.A.A.J. Perenboom, MMM conf., Nov. 99, to be published in the Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, in press(2000).